Finally! You can learn how to be a guitar teacher and get started off right
Want to learn how to be a guitar teacher? Ready to share your knowledge and expertise with other people, experience some serious fulfillment and even make some money at the same time?
Welcome to Start Teaching Guitar, the premier resource website and podcast for guitar teachers! You came to the right place if you’re looking for:
- Step-by-step instructions about how to be a guitar teacher
- Help with knowing WHAT to teach and HOW to teach it
- Guidance about marketing your guitar lessons and attracting your first students
- Resources to help you be successful as a guitar teacher and avoid a lot of the common problems new teachers experience
I’ve been there…I’m just a regular old guitar player who learned how to be a guitar teacher. I built my own successful guitar teaching business, and I’ll share all the “inside secrets” I used with you so you can do the same thing.
What are your GOALS for teaching guitar? Just teaching some friends and family on the weekends for fun? Making some extra money doing it part-time? Maybe even eventually making this a full-time career? I can help you make it happen.
Getting started is easy
I have a bunch of FREE RESOURCES available on the site to help you get started. Here’s what you should do first:
Step 1: Download my FREE EBOOK “Teaching Guitar The Smart Way”
I really SHOULD be selling this for $24 because it’s a great beginner’s guide to getting started with teaching guitar lessons. It covers some key stuff you will definitely want to know, including:
- 9 reasons why TEACHING GUITAR LESSONS can be the BEST career decision you’ll ever make
- Step-by-step instructions on the BASICS of setting up your guitar teaching business
- Links to a FREE guitar lesson curriculum you can use to start teaching RIGHT AWAY
- Info on how to overcome many of the HANGUPS people run into when they try to teach guitar lessons
Just click the link below, fill out the form and I’ll send you your own free copy of my eBook right away and teach you how to be a guitar teacher!
Step 2: Check out these FREE PODCAST EPISODES
I have TONS of podcast episodes covering many different aspects of teaching guitar, but these are the episodes you should check out FIRST if you’re just getting started:
- STG 139 : How To Start Teaching Guitar On a Shoestring Budget
- STG 136 : Beginning Guitar Teacher Questions Answered
- STG 068 : 7 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Teaching Guitar
- STG 032 : 5 Challenges For Beginning Guitar Teachers
- STG 056 : Teaching Guitar To Kids
- STG 036 : How To Be a GREAT Guitar Teacher
- STG 028 : Why 50% of New Guitar Teachers Fail
- STG 030 : 7 Lies You’ve Been Told About Teaching Guitar
Step 3: Check out my free Teaching Income Calculator
I put together a simple web-based calculator that shows you exactly how much money you can potentially make teaching guitar lessons. It’s probably more than you think! You just enter a few numbers and then you can instantly see how much you would make every WEEK, every MONTH and every YEAR as a guitar teacher. Click here to use the Teaching Income Calculator and if you like it, please tell your friends about it!
Step 4: Join the free STG Facebook Group (Public Guitar Teacher Forum)
I also put together a free Facebook community for guitar teachers called the STG “Public Guitar Teacher Forum”. It’s a great place to ask questions, build relationships with other guitar teachers and learn more about how to be a successful teacher. Just click here to join the group and we’ll get you added within a few hours. NOTE – you’ll need to have a Facebook account to join (creating one is easy). Once you join, post your biggest, most urgent question about teaching guitar there…some of the group members will do their best to answer it for you.
You can do this!
Even if you’ve been playing guitar for years, but have never tried to teach anyone before…you can totally do this! I’m here to help you succeed. What are you waiting for? Click one of the links above to jump in and get started right away!